Busy times July 2021
The Scaramouche Sailing Trust is delighted to see so many sailors from Greig City Academy getting out on the water this season. Here’s a snap shot of July as we build up to Cowes Week 2021 – did we mentioned we are the Official Charity!
- Year 8 girls and boys have been out on 2-day residential trips and have been mentored by GCA Alumni Seun Williams and Azat Ulutas.
- Year 10 and Year 11 girls have spent time at UKSA in Cowes before moving over to the mini-tonners for a two days
- The Xdant crew are in training for Cowes Week.
- The Riot crew have been up to West Kirby and down to Weymouth for UKLA training events, they have also filmed with and appeared on BBC South and are out sailing on a Quarter Tonner as well as preparing Riot for Cowes Week.
- The next Riot crew are in training and have some sailing planned to experience the boat for the first time.
- Year 9 boys also have 2-days trips on Scaramouche
- 420 training in Lymington
- 24th and 25th July there is a Laser Event at Queen Mary that some of the sailors will compete at.
From 30th July it’s rest and final preparations for Cowes Week 2021 where the GCA sailors are looking forward to competing and sharing their story, with a number of yacht clubs hosting talks. If you have availability for a talk, please get in touch.
Every donation makes a difference to a young persons life. Please donate today